Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Most Anticipated December Movies

Hey everyone, today I will be giving you my Top 3 movies I am most looking forward to this month. I base my ranking off of 4 categories; Director, cast, story, and trailers. So without further ado, here are my top 3 most anticipated December movies.


3) The Big Short
 Director: Adam McKay
 Cast: Christian Bale, Brad Pitt, Steve Carrel, Ryan Gosling, Marisa Tomei, Melissa Leo
 Release Date: December 23, 2015
 Trailer: The Big Short Trailer #2

There is a lot to like about The Big Short; The cast is something to behold. There is a lot of Oscar winners and nominees on that cast list. Even though director Adam Mckay is more known for his comedies with Will Farrell. He has done some smaller films (Sleeping with Other People) that I have found myself to enjoy. With McKay, I know I am going to get a pretty decent story with some good timed humor in there as well. I must admit that I hadn't heard anything of this film until I saw its first trailer, but it blew my away and I immediately became gripped to the story that this movie is telling. I think we can all relate with being in debt, and not really liking the banks. So, this will be interesting to see this true story unfold and watch this extraordinary cast deliver astonishing performances like they have so many times in the past. I will be curious to see how all these actors play off each other when it seems every single one of them have played completely different roles in the past.


2) In the Heart of the Sea
  Director: Ron Howard
  Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Cillian Murphy, Brendan Gleeson, Ben Whishaw, Tom Holland, Charlotte Riley
  Release Date: December 11, 2015
  Trailer: In the Heart of the Sea Trailer #3

I will be the first to come out and say that I am usually not a fan of movies that mostly take place out in the sea. The always seem to bore me and have the same feel to them as the next. In the Heart of the Sea is completely different though. The moment I watched the trailer, I was on board....No pun intended. Come on, who hasn't read the story of Moby Dick? It is a famous novel, and one that looks like it will be done justice in this film. Ron Howard is a fantastic director, giving us movies like A Beautiful Mind and Cinderella Man. Plus, the last movie he made with Chris Hemsworth was Rush which was a masterpiece. The cast, I do not know much about. Hemsworth (Thor), Murphy (Dark Knight Trilogy), Gleeson (Edge of Tomorrow) and Holland (Our new Spider-man) are really the only ones I am familiar with. While they are likely the 4 main characters, it is the supporting cast I lack knowledge of, but if the trailers are any indicators, they will do just fine.


1) Star Wars The Force Awakens
  Director: J.J. Abrams
  Cast: Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac
  Release Date: December 18, 2015
  TrailerStar Wars The Force Awakens Trailer #3

Seriously, who didn't see this coming? I cannot describe how much I am dying to see this movie. I have never in my life this hyped for a movie. I am so excited for Star Wars that a part of will be upset after I see it because the wait is over. There is just something I love about the anticipation of a big movie. Unfortunately for me, I grew up when the prequels were coming out. I was 7 years old when Phantom Menace was released. I was raised right though. My mom had the VCR (Remember them?) trilogy pack and I can remember watching those movies for the first time when I was young and just loving them. When it was announced the original cast was returning, I knew this would be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, movies ever. J.J. Abrams did a marvelous job with the Star Treks, so there is no reason he can let us down with Star Wars...fingers crossed! All 3 Star Wars trailers were edited to perfection. It built up my excitement while also not giving away any of the story. I still don't know what is going to happen in this movie and I love that! Also, who didn't get chills watching those trailers? I was one of those people who were freaking out when the movie tickets sites broke down when tickets went on sale. What can I say.... I love Star Wars!


Well there you have it, my top 3 most anticipated December movies. Feel free to comment below and list your top 3 list. Don't forget to come back here when they are released and check out my *Non-Spoiler* reviews!

*If anyone is wondering, I did not have The Revenant or The Hateful Eight in my top 3 because they are not released until January around where I live. I am definitely looking forward to them!*


No comments:

Post a Comment