Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Top Movies of September!

Hey everyone, today is September 30th, marking the end of the month. Today's blog I will give you my top 3 movies of the month and my least favorite movie of September. There were really no great movies this month, but there were some very good ones, and of course some not so good ones. Please feel free to comment below and give your top 3 and least favorite movie of the month of September!



1) Black Mass
Cast: Johnny Depp, Joel Edgerton, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dakota Johnson, Kevin Bacon, Adam Scott, Corey Stoll

I really liked Black Mass and enjoyed it a lot. Johnny Depp and Joel Edgerton were amazing in their roles and every side actor brought it as well. Depp in particular, may have given his best performance in this film. The story of Whitey Bulger is nicely told and the movie has scenes that are so dark and disturbing, they make you sit back and decompress afterwards. The pacing issues prevented me from giving the movie a grade in the A range but overall it is a movie that is as close to "must see" as possible. This was in my top 3 most anticipated fall movies list, and it surely did not disappoint at all.

My Black Mass Grade:  B+



2) Everest
Cast: Jason Clarke, Thomas Wright, Martin Henderson, John Hawkes, Naoko Mori, Josh Brolin, Jake Gyllenhall

The visuals of Everest are astonishing and really help bring out the suspense and dramatic impact of certain scenes. Everest tells the true story of 2 expeditions in May of 1996 starting their ascent toward the summit of the great Mount Everest. One thing the movie did very well was make you care about what happens to the characters climbing the mountain. The performances were good but none really stood out. My few complaints about Everest were the pacing and the scenes that were too long or out of context that just took you out of the movie. Again, the visuals of this movie are something to be seen.
My Everest Grade:   C+



3) The Visit

Cast: Olivia DeJonge, Ed Oxenbould, Deanna Dunagan, Peter McRobbie, Kathryn Hahn

"M. Night Shyamalan on a list for the best movies and not worst? This has to be a typo!" I cannot blame you if that was your thought immediately after seeing The Visit on my list. But in all seriousness, this is a movie I am actually looking forward to watching again. This does not mean I loved the film, because I definitely do not, but those last 20 minutes or so still have me feeling creepy and laughing. Even though I am not
a fan of the horror genre, this is a unique blend of horror and comedy. Even though they both do not really work throughout most of the film.....Those last 20 minutes though!
My The Visit Grade: C-





AND THE WORST MOVIE OF SEPTEMBER AWARD GOES TO........



Transporter Refueled!
Cast: Ed Skrein, Loan Chabonol, Ray Stevenson, Gabriella Wright, Tatiana Pajkovic, Wenxia Yu

This movie was god awful. I will admit that I have not seen any of the original Transporters and went into this movie with an open mind. Unfortunately, this movie has no plot and barely and great action sequences. There were really only two great action pieces and the rest were pretty generic and boring. The acting in the movie is flat throughout, with the exception of Ray Stevenson, starting with the main character. There are scenes that do not make sense, especially given what had happened in the scenes before. The film tries to look like a Fast & Furious movie but fails miserably. All in all, it was a waste of 96 minutes.

My Transporter Refueled Grade:  D -




If you want to read my more in depth *Non - Spoiler* reviews they are further down the page! 
Coming soon: My most anticipated October Films!
Remember to comment and share your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment